PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 12 Year Inspection
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2019, 16:12
wrench1

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by roscoe1
why the maintenance interval is being stretched, then what was the reason?
That is not correct. No "maintenance interval" is being stretched for a Part 91, private ops aircraft. However....

Originally Posted by roscoe1
I didn't know the customer or their machine until I did an inspection
It's this statement that I think reflects the major difference in our collective experiences. As I mentioned, I was in a position to fully review the owner and aircraft prior to any inspection or work. I had a Part 135/145 day job that provided a good income and basically half a year off. Back in the first 5 years I provided ad hoc mx services, I would always run into similar situations as you describe. However, once I established myself and shifted to more owner-assisted mx and more private helicopters, I dropped the ad hoc side and went owner-exclusive till I "retired" 5 years ago. In the 30+ years I assisted owners in this way, I only walked away from one person which unfortunately was not due to him becoming lazy or a cheapskate, rather he had some mental issues that could not be controlled. So it can really depend on the individual and situation on how mx is done or scheduled. But I can understand your view based on your stated experiences as I've lived them too. Best of luck.