PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2019, 11:22
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LTNman

I don't quite follow the logic of "When the Council put in overnight restrictions on passenger aircraft .... they clearly didn't think that the same type of aircraft flying in freight would land and take off instead." It was only scheduled passenger flight departure times that were banned overnight; all other types of flight are allowed (excepting commercial helicopters) including private passenger flights, in any size of aircraft, and freight flights, provided all such aircraft are compliant with the night noise limitations imposed. I'm sure the Council did expect some freight night movements as these have operated at SEN for decades in much greater numbers than is now the case.

In answer to your other question; no, Southend Council do not receive any fees per passenger.

Musket90

The ASL aircraft have never used Delta at all. All freight is loaded or off loaded on the North Apron stands since the start of SEN operations. I don't know if ASL use TOGA or de-rated take-off power settings. I believe EZY use TOGA but RYR de-rate whenever conditions allow.

In short the airport's official position is that they comply fully with the Section 106 agreement restrictions. Whether they have been wise to attract an ASL night operation is another matter as it was obviously going to re-ignite the night noise nuisance issue.