PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prostate cancer
Thread: Prostate cancer
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2019, 00:31
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
Imagegear,

I know a large number of men with prostate cancer (beyond the one in six statistic we see advertised) but they're all still above ground and doing well after a variety of treatment choices. You will be too.

They all caught it due to an elevated PSA or rate of PSA rise.
I saw somewhere that the lifetime number was close to half of all men will get prostate cancer, although the number that require active treatment was quite a bit lower (not sure where I saw that). But few men actually die from it.
My own story has become a bit mixed. I got the seed implant a year ago June, and I'm still not fully over the side effects (thankfully I've not had any noticeable side effects from taking FloMax - which is good because I can readily tell if I forget to take it). The good news is that my PSA is low enough to be nearly unmeasureable and all the signs are that the cancer is gone.

I occasional hear of a Feminist that's claiming that if men got breast cancer, there would be a cure in short order. Prostate cancer is proof positive that those Feminists that claim that are clueless.