PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Incipient Spins
Thread: Incipient Spins
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2019, 15:02
Fl1ingfrog

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Big Pistons Forever and parkfell have both stated the requirement for the aircraft to be approved for aerobatics within their earlier contributions which they posted on the 27/11/19.

BillieBob, how far do you foresee the requirement for UPRT training should take things in regard to stall/spin? In the selection of aeroplanes GM1 FCL.745.A as guidance is very vague, perhaps deliberately. There will be wide differences of opinion as to whether a "normal" or "utility" aircraft is suitable or indeed a utility aeroplane may not be available. A fact which, there is no doubt in my mind, will perhaps influence the interpretation.

The UK ANO 2016 defines: ‘aerobatic manoeuvres include loops, spins, rolls, bunts, stall turns, inverted flying and any other similar manoeuvre’. The old ANO 2009 is superseded, there is no longer a limitation to pitch or angle of bank. I do not see that an instructor needs to hold an aerobatic rating unless it is intended to include such manoeuvres in the UPRT course. I would expect the instructor to have a high level of spin experience and assessment though.

Last edited by Fl1ingfrog; 29th Nov 2019 at 22:19.