PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please advise is it legal to change the seat during the flight in a small plane
Old 29th Nov 2019, 10:26
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jhieminga
No, I am not. But your post was quite broad in its approach, so I was just wondering who you were adressing. As I wrote the post above it, I was curious what I did wrong.

As for changing seats in flight, I fully agree that it is not a smart thing to do, yet there may be circumstances that could make it a needed option. From that point of view I too was curious about the legality of it. I once swapped seats inside a BE76 while airbourne as that was the only option to complete two profchecks without an intermediate landing. It's a long story, but this was the lesser of two evils so everyone concerned was happy that this best suited our needs. We did this while keeping a qualified person at the controls, at altitude, during level flight and generally kept it as safe as we could. Looking back on it, it all worked out allright but this thread did get me wondering. That's all.
You should not be admitting in public to having swapped seats in a light twin during flight to complete an LPC........ As an Examiner I am fully aware the standards required for an LPC and the contents of the test, as are the CAA Examiners that read this forum....... I won't ask how you managed to do the single engine LANDING or the rejected take off.....

I will say it again, swapping seats in a light aircraft in flight is crass stupidity whether you consider there to be a legal loophole or not that permits it.