PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A great opportunity or a trap for the unwary?
Old 28th Nov 2019, 18:26
pilotmike

Received 73 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by helipixman
A good few years ago a friend had a Jetranger and after taking off he was in the hover and said I am going to let you have some control. I took the collective and the cyclic, he covered the pedals and said after ten minutes I was a natural....
Outrageous! He only called you a 'natural'? I'd complain! If you can hover a helicopter for 10 minutes you're more than natural! You're total heli-genius! I'd have demanded to be called a master chopper-manipulator and insisted he bought me lunch and beer for the next 365 days at a very minimum. He's obviously very rich (possibly stupid and cavalier with letting a novice try to hover for 10 minutes, but that's another story), burning through £100 worth of costs just for the privilege of watching a master heli-genius at work. He must have been soooooo impressed to let you do all that! Do you give autographs? TV interviews? Please let us know when your autobiography is out so we can read all the juicy detail of how you managed such a triumph of mastery, mere man vs mean machine.