PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson R22 vs Calbri G2 and VAT
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2019, 13:44
Eggbeateruk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robinson R22 vs Calbri G2 and VAT

Hi guys

I am blogging and vlogging my training experience over at my Egg Beater Helicopter Blog and have had an enquiry from an aspiring helicopter pilot in regards to training in a Calbri G2. I felt very inexperienced to offer any solid advice on this decision as I have never actually flown one but encouraged him to focus on saving money at this stage and stick with the R22. Apart from the obvious "handling" aspect of the G22 over the R22 can anyone shed any light on the benefits/shortcomings on training in the G2. You can answer here and I can either link him to the thread or you can drop a comment on my latest blog post on my site (eggbeater . co. uk) named "Helicopter Questions Answered" which I have made him aware of. Any answers would be greatly appreciated and will certainly help both of us too! - I would post links but I am currently unable too. Just search Egg Beater Helicopter Blog in Google and it will come up.

He also asked about offsetting the VAT on training in the UK which I am aware of, still have a primitive knowledge of but intend to do in the near future. He said he had searched PPRuNe and only found out dated advice. Most of my advice has come from talking to other pilots, all of whom have followed this route but I still need to seek proper financial advice. I have highlighted this in my recent blog post but any answers on here or on my blog would be a bonus!

Thanks

Will