PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 27th Nov 2019, 00:57
jimtx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Loose rivets
Huh, I'd just deleted my post because I felt it was a little harsh. On the whole, he's put a lot of work in, but there are some basic misunderstandings which rather need an update.
I almost quit reading after "stall prevention" and managed to grit my teeth through "thrustline" but if he doesn't know that Brady is giving the correct reason for MCAS by now, absent any stunning new revelations from Boeing, it's hopeless. My question is what is the effin envelope and can the autopilot reach that envelope? Because either MCAS is there for human pitch feel linearity and the autopilot is not bothered by any non linear effect or MCAS is not active with the autopilot on because it would not be useable in the MCAS regime. Still, I wonder if the non linearity might be a minor one that would not affect humans if told about it or it's something that we couldn't compensate for. Again, once told to be careful at .9M in the T-38, I was careful. We hear many 737 pilot accounts of how this or that dash whatever model lands better than the other dash whatever model. Those handling differences do not bother the pilots.Nor did landing the 767-300 one day and landing the 757 the next bother me.