PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newquay
Thread: Newquay
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2019, 17:57
GROUNDHOG

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Looks like the Council have agreed the £12 million for the spaceport today, another step nearer.

I am flying long haul BA business class from LHR next week and have chosen to simply rent a car and drop it at LHR here is why.

For two of us and masses of baggage, to drive from home to NQY ( I live West of it), check in, take the flight, collect my baggage at LHR involves an elapsed time of at least three hours and leaving my car at NQY for a month or an expensive taxi to get there.Now add the two hours I would arrive early for my departing flight, that is five hours. This involves offloading the bags at NQY and collecting them again at LHR rather than just putting them in the back of the car and the nice man from Hertz loading them on his bus and dropping me by the terminal door. Yes it will take me an hour or so longer overall to drive but I can time it to arrive exactly when I want and save a shed load of money in the meantime. LGW on the other hand was much longer to drive to and therefore to me a closer decision.
I would certainly look at MAN, GLA, DUB or anywhere else if the timings were right but none of these offer a proper business class service to YVR.
( before anyone has a go at me I know BA/AC do not fly from LGW either!)