PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Percent full
Thread: Percent full
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2019, 11:27
Paul Lupp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BRUpax
In my opinion such an app would be a complete waste of time and serve no useful purpose at all for reasons already given above - and more.
Quite possibly........ and when there is only one flight per day to the destination by a nominated airline, there is no need to work out which flight is the best to take on any day! - even if it is at a personally inconvenient time and also suffers from delays
It may however help one to decide to fly on a different day of the week, or at a different time of the year (eg for vacation).

My question was prompted by a recent experience of flying LHR-YVR (and the return journey a week later). BA only offer one flight per day, leaving LHR c5.30pm and arriving in Vancouver around 8pm in my case (just before the Canadians put their clocks back an hour for winter, but after we in the UK had done this). The flight was about an hour late leaving due to "weather", something that seems to catch out LHR and BA on a regular basis. I would have preferred a mid-morning to lunchtime flight so that arrival was also at a more reasonable hour, but no alternative times were available. Similarly I would have preferred an earlier departure time on my way back but there was no option.
It was also galling to find out that the A380 that was being used on this route earlier in the year (when I made my booking) had changed to a 747 a few weeks before I flew - the cabin of the 747 being somewhat noisier than the A380.