PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Boeing lost their way
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2019, 05:57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightlessParrot
This is addressed to pittspecialguy:
I am not a pilot. I do not pretend to be a pilot. I would not normally intervene, but you might like feedback on your intervention on your customers' customers, pax.

I now conclude that Boeing would rather deal with its problems by hiring internet trolls and professional debaters to attack its critics, than to address issues at source.

I once had to persuade myself that it was, actually, perfectly all right to fly on an aeroplane even if it wasn't made by Boeing. Now, I shall avoid Boeing aircraft whenever possible (except, of course, the 747).

It is not a question of personalities: the failures of Boeing, like those of many once-good companies, is the modern doctrine that the only target for a company is maximizing shareholder value, and the tendency to judge this on a very short timeframe. So it is a legally mandated requirement for management, NOT to put safety as a first priority, but to consider how many accidents to tolerate before the cost of compensation exceeds the cost of avoiding them.

Some people I know call this the crisis of late, or financial, capitalism. Some people think it is a result of the demonstrated tendency of management structures to encourage the rise of people with sociopathic tendencies. I wouldn't know. I just know that attacking the people who have to fly the things doesn't increase my confidence in the company you apparently love.
I would think that the people on this forum who have participated from this thread from day one would likely agree (as I do) with your comments.
Having reviewed the congressional hearings, I am aghast that the current CEO would have no knowledge of the following (not in any particular order and random thoughts);

1) Law suits pertaining to Lion Air/ ET being heard in respective Countries other than the USA
2) No knowledge of Boeing share price (even though this is shown on the home page on the intranet of ALL Boeing PC's when the user logs in!)
3) No knowledge of problems with flight test and current MCAS issues

I am also truly concerned that Mr."M" hasn't shown much or any emotions in any of the video press releases after the crashes, or at the Congressional hearings, with regard to the families who lost relatives in those crashes.
Furthermore, Mr. "M" didn't come across to the viewer as a CEO or leader of a huge Corporation, as he stumbled and had a hard time answering basic questions from the floor; he seemed quite embarrassed about the whole affair!
Perhaps the Boeing Board should have also been interviewed at the hearings!
Lastly, to bring closure to these horrible events, Boeing's top Management and board need to go, so a new set of eyes and ears can control ethics, quality and chart a new course for a "once" great Company!

Back to my regular spot........

Last edited by 568; 26th Nov 2019 at 05:59. Reason: text