PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2/FR/TUI
Thread: Jet2/FR/TUI
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2019, 23:15
Saulman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2/FR/TUI

Good evening folks,

Hoping someone could offer some information, in their experience. I'm a currently at FO for FR, coming up to the 2500hr mark. Borderline trying to weight up now putting the work in for command or moving on to pastures new, particularly with commands now frozen, creating a back log no doubt. With interviews both at Jet2 and TUI. I'm one of the guys at FR on a contract taking home about 4k a month before expenses, ie parking etc. Is that roughly what one could expect at Jet2? I've heard 4.1k figure mentioned. Absolutely no idea about TUI, I know no one there. Originally from Northern Ireland, FR have a habit of opening bases in the two airports we have, then close them a short time later. Offering no stability, Jet2 offers stability in BFS which is what really appeals to me. I've lived in Northern England for a number of years now but would ultimately like to go home. I've heard the rumours of the folks who leave FR to Jet2 to absolutely detest the roster in particular, is it really bad if you live 15 mins from your crew room? In the summer period would you be flying on your 5 days on, or will there be a few SBYS. The 3 days off monthly, is that based on seniority for example, a weekend during the busier periods?
Also, leaving with Command in mind in the future, is the process still what it was known for? Or has it been streamlined? Also, I've absolutely no idea what skippers are on there in comparison to FR.

I'm sure there's one or two on here who have worked for both! Thanks.