PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Direct Entry Second Officer
Old 25th Nov 2019, 12:05
chobo97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joblessPilot
Where? FTA in Adelaide and there are some documents to prep before going to the training. I do not remember what.
When? in the 11 or 9 weeks depending on your license. After the license "conversion" you will need to go to CX city to do line training or something. Exams are before employment of CX. So don't fail or you are out.
I had AIrbus but honestly, it depends on what is available. If CX needs the A330 or A350 or 777 for their pilot then you are not going to use it. It just depends on what is free for the day.
I do not know about the DEFO as I went to the direct second officer but I would have guess, it depends on what CX needs. You can ask for the type but they will not make a guarantee that you will get it. They will try at least to given what they want. If 10 guys ask for 747 and there are 1 spot then 1 of them are getting it. simple as that.
Thank you for the reply sir.
so basically they want us to take Exam in FTA with our own pocket before employment.
If we pass the exam we get the job if not then we dont get the job. is that what you mean?