PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Direct Entry Second Officer
Old 25th Nov 2019, 03:30
chobo97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joblessPilot
Forget to mention, you need to do all the EASA subjects + 3 more subjects. if I remember correctly the extra 3 are the HK air law, HK operation procedure, and DA42 technical (I'm not too sure about the last one.) That is not the hard part. The hard part is you have 11 weeks for CPL holder and 9 weeks for fATPL holder to do it all. The lady in the benefits meeting told us there are 17 subjects in total but I counted and on the document that they give you and there are only 16 subjects. So be prepared for a surprise 17th phantom subject I guess.

The direct first officer only has to do like 8 subjects I think. Much less but only 6 weeks to do.

So prepare for the ATPL exams even if you are accepted in CX, as EASA has been adding more original questions. Also in the benefit briefing, the lady mentions a lot of people are failing the exams. Even if you have an EASA license, you have to do ALL the exams.
Hi, just a couple question about the assesment
where is the EASA exam will taking place? Is it in hongkong or aus?
And when we should retake the exam?
Is it after the employment by cathay?
Will we get paid when we taking our EASA Exam?
what type of sim did they put you on the assesment? Is it boeing or airbus?
does the DEFO guys only going to B747 or is there any chance they being assigned to other type or aircraft?