PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Percent full
Thread: Percent full
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2019, 00:03
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
Mid Morning or mid afternoon is often best on where there is an early and a late flight as well

Sometimes the last flight is good when most of the traffic is heading in the opposite direction
Yes but airlines alternate equipment on routes to accommodate demand, I used to travel regularly with Austrian LHR/VIE, some 4 services daily, 3 of them A320/1''s but the mid-afternoon service was a F70.

Closer to my current location Cathay operate a feeder route HKG/Cebu/HKG, it's only a 2.5 hour leg so no restriction on what equipment they utilise, my outward flight was supposed to be an A340 but was an A330, my return flight was supposed to be an A330 but was an A340 and thereafter I even saw them utilising a B747 on the route. The route has since gone from once to twice daily but one is never likely to know much in advance if they may be flying on an A330, an A350 or a B777.

And I recall that Lufthansa would do similar also, one day maybe an A319, next day an A320 or A321 etc. Ukraine International also, at the time they operated B737-300's, 400's and 500's, they would chop and change to accommodate passenger demand.