PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 23rd Nov 2019, 16:04
dufc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SLF3
"i am feeling the final decisions on acceptance will not be technically based."

This is the first leak from the regulatory community. I don't think it is a coincidence. I think it is a warning shot the bang from which could reverberate widely.

So now we have 'straight from Steve' from the FAA, and 'straight to Steve' from TCCA: 'it's out there, and we aren't going to let you fudge it'.

The more you read this email the cleverer it is: -
- It is couched as prisoners friend (we all want it back in the air)
- It pretty much says approval by Christmas is a pipe dream
- It says the fix is still not stable, and not really a fix
- It is a clear warning to the FAA
- TCCA have not disowned him, but they have not backed him either: so now they have to get off the pot in public
- He is effectively challenging Beoing to prove assertions the aerodynamic characteristics are benign
- He is making it harder for foreign regulators to go weak at the knees

I note he is a 30 year veteran. Likely reached the point where he does not need to fear for his future: or maybe he just works somehere a bit less toxic than the FAA.
I read the e-mail and quickly reached the conclusion that this was written to be leaked. He even indicates it is OK for his recipients to share it with others in their organisations making a leak of the email even more likely.