PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ESY Recruitment Roadshows
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2003, 07:38
overstress

PPRuNe Person

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laure (Miss Kitty)

I think you are quite brave for putting your head above the parapet and posting on this forum. As a personal observation, having been through your selection procedure, I would comment that the company's inability to reveal information about the introduction of the Airbus has put a lot of people off.

I would also question the wisdom of using an external agency (CTC) to assess your candidates. I believe the CAA is taking some interest in Ezy's reliance on a training contractor for recurrent training (an area outside your field)

I would also question the validity of using the 737-300 simulator as an assessment tool for selecting current airbus pilots (who may not have flown conventional types) for an airbus position. What are you expecting to see and how valid do you think the results are?

As an observation to those interested in applying to EZY, I would say that the working patterns will eventually grind you into the ground. To anyone contemplating 5 early starts in a row, I would say think carefully; the reality of this can be exhausting.

Whilst at EZY-land I had a chat with one of their training captains who was working his notice to leave the company. His advice to me was: do not join this lot, they will say one thing and do another. If there was an airbus plan, he said, no-one seems to know what it is.

PS: The psychometric testing is an interesting exercise and the feedback provided is very valuable. The assessor described me exactly down to a 'T'

PPS: the barbecue was enjoyable so at least I had a free drink out of EZY, more than you get on their flights!