PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Name that Flying Machine
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2019, 12:26
SincoTC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MReyn24050
Hi Trevor. It is in fact the Mehr Me 1 and the information I have,from the book Historische Deutsche Flugzeuge bis 1945", gives it as being powered by 20 hp Ursinus U2 horizontally opposed twin engine. You have control.
Thanks Mel, you beat me to it! I was just about to come back and change it to possibly an Me.1 and Airwar said it was developed from the Me.1 but labelled it as Me.3 http://www.airwar.ru/enc/law1/erla3.html

I have just found a good online publication "DKW und die Erla-Me-Flugzeuge: 1926 bis 1945" the translation wouldn't work, but the drawings seem to agree with your source!

Edited to say that I now see that what I found appears to be Airwar's source, so I'll have to work on the translation and see where they went astray. it looks like yours but most of the photos show it fitted with the upright inline DKW engine!

As I have just put up a cockpit to keep that thread going, I'll declare an Open House here so as not to hog two threads at the same time and hope someone picks it up!

Last edited by SincoTC; 22nd Nov 2019 at 12:41.