PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2019, 20:01
FrequentlyFlying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People should stop winding and others stop biting - the application is finally live so IT HAS HAPPENED. I come from a long service in Local Authority Estates & Planning background - so yes I have an idea of what this means and likely next moves. Pressure will be massive from locals who rightly can say pollution noise and air will be considerably risen from a 3 base LCC A320 base or 7378 - 18- 24 movements? Regardless councillors will back residents - planning committee will look at business impact on community ALSO. If you work or live at the airport do not underestimate this factor even in the current climate. I would advise once comments goes live you encourage all your fellow workers and family and fiends to place a comment IF YOU SUPPORT -(same applies for those that don’t) - you do not have to live adjacent to comment should go without saying. But volume matters in tight planning decisions. If their is seen a ‘balance’ in public opinion it helps any ‘positive minded’ councillor on the committee to go out on the ‘economic and job aspect’. BE AWARE politics will play a huge part and expect it to be drawn out (a year could easily pass) even expect a refusal following a recommendation from committee over ruling the Authority allocated planner. This won’t be end. I would expect any good planning application consultant will be expecting this to go to appeal. Here I would expect less emotion and more business sense. So if you want the expansion comment and make it clear this could be a life or death of a commercial asset to an area and the job it begins. Presuming it’s Eastleigh Planning so don’t expect any ‘City’ love to come across, they won’t necessarily feel too much affection for how important it is to Southampton City. Good luck and I am sure many of you are hoping the future is Orange!