PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 21st Nov 2019, 19:26
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
That is the way CASA protects itself Glen. The pawns are removed from the Chessboard. Then, when you seek justice, you are just punching air - there is no one left who knows anything about the actions that were taken. All that is left is a file - which has been carefully manicured (possibly in defiance of the public records Act). Was injustice done? Who knows? It's all ancient history. Time to move on.

My opinion, for what its worth, which is not much, is that you were seen as a threat to "the Iron Ring" because APTA had the potential to reach "critical mass".

By "critical mass", I mean attaining a deeper knowledge and experience of the part 141(?) training school regulations and operation than CASA itself possessed, along with the financial resources and weight of numbers to make your voice heard and thus start driving the future directions of training school development.

I have seen this situation develop in other industries - where a company becomes more knowledgeable about industry issues then their regulators and starts driving the debate. In my case, like a good public servant, I welcomed their contributions and invited them on board. It appears CASA hates the idea of not being in complete control, so their response was to destroy you.

BTW, poster "Swells" paid you a compliment in the thread about SOAR aviation, after remarking on the abject failure of the regulators to reign in that school:
....but one honest intensions flying school wants to start up a remote base with the right intentions ..., and all hell breaks loose.