PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 21st Nov 2019, 17:45
AeroGeezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grebe
SideNote -- re the Boeing BS described as " Now, according to the Boeing website, it has over 45,000 engineers spread throughout the entire company. Such a deep roster of talent, the aerospace company has incredibly deep and specific expertise for new designs and to manage the safety and airworthiness of the nearly 14,000 Boeing airplanes flying today."

look up the following in the JDA Journal "FAA Insight and Aviation . . ."

Hi all. I'm the author mentioned here, so: In partial response to the comment about the number of transport category airplanes, go to Page 13 of Boeing's "Statistical Summary of Commercial Jet Airplane Accidents Worldwide Operations | 1959 – 2017". I'm not allowed to post a link yet, haven't been in this forum long enough, but the Boeing report can be found by Googling the title - it presents some really interesting data. Boeing claims to have 13,871 of their products alone in the active fleet - I suspect that's plenty close enough to claim "nearly 14,000". As for the number of Boeing engineers working in Boeing Commercial, that was just a WAG, it was a difficult number to find but I DID find the ~45,000 in the Boeing website.