PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brain Tumour
Thread: Brain Tumour
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2019, 10:05
Fire and brimstone

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Thank you all for the above kind posts.

I'd like to say I am not looking for sympathy, but the sympathetic tone here is greatly appreciated. I want to raise the issues that I hope I have highlighted.

I also don't want to give an incorrect impression of my case. Specifically in relation to cancer. I have not been told I have cancer (I have also not been told I do not). I have been told (and seen!) the tumour on scan with my own eyes.

Mistakes also do happen in medicine, and I cannot imagine for one moment any of these are deliberate; it is a complex science, not always precise. I do however, think due care and attention should always be undertaken because of the potentially catastrophic effect of errors.

What is almost impossible to cope with is the lack of guidance from the CAA. Any consultant can diagnose and suggest / recommend suitable treatment. Only the CAA can advise about your licence. This is completely specific to them. Often there are diagnosis specific flow charts. In theory these are clear and non-ambiguous. Failing this there is written guidance from the authority.

For example there is written guidance for oncology. There is also written guidance for an array of conditions.

I have been unable to find any such guidance, anywhere.

They make it so difficult to be able to cooperate and comply with what are 'unwritten' rules.

From a professional perspective, how can you ever keep your employer informed when you don't have a clue??

F&B