PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TURBINE STARTER GENERATORS
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2019, 10:00
JetFlyerT1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TURBINE STARTER GENERATORS

Dear Colleagues,

I am hoping that someone will be able to assist me in my search for a suitable component, so far the data does not seem to be readily available for reasons that I cannot fathom.

I am looking for a Starter Generator with specific performance characteristics. Unfortunately, manufacturers do not seem to maintain a database of part numbers and corresponding performance criteria. So far I have found no rhyme or reason, certainly no pattern in the nomenclatures used by the various manufacturers that would allow designers to narrow down the search for appropriate components, I guess aircraft or engine manufacturers merely provide specification to S-G manufacturers who go off and design a unit to comply. Fine for P & W or RR but not very helpful for small research facilities such as mine.

As part of a proof of concept programme I am looking for a starter generator with specific operating characteristics, if anyone can assist with the part number of a suitable unit or advice on how to find one or even a relevant catalogue so that we can select a unit, I would be eternally grateful.

The unit we require should have the following approximate operating criteria:

Starting Torque : >20 ft lbs
Generator Amp: >= 200A
Operating RPM: 3000 - 8000
Direction of Rotation: Clockwise when viewed from the spindle end.

These requirements are approximate and we do not need them to be exactly thus, there is some leeway in practice.

We have found a number of suitable components at least in the power etc., the issue is in the direction of rotation. The following Bendix S-Gs
would be perfect were it not for the direction of rotation which is CCW rather than CW, viewed from the spindle drive end.
30E10-1B 400A, 3100-8000
30B45-22 300A, 3000-8000
30B59-20A 400A 3000-8000
30E20-93B 300A 4000-8000
30E20-61A

I hope that there is an expert out there for any assistance or guidance where we might find the information would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.