PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS350B2 , B206L4, B407 comparison
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2003, 05:11
belly tank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks for all your comments and experiences reagrding these machines.

Our company operates pretty much at sea level here in Oz as we are located on the coast, our out landing wouldnt go much further than 6500' here and thats down on the ski slopes!

We operate Bell machinery but i have some time in an A-star and have found it a very pleasant machine to fly.

Our corporate friends love the idea of the open cabin layout of the 350, however EC support seems to be lagging behind Bell at the moment.

Ultimately it is our clients choice as the machine they purchase. and i was curious as to your ideas on these types.

Ive yet to step out of the good old manual 206 start and Having only flown an EC120 with the new digital cockpit layout and getting used to the FL Indicator which is not hard mind you! I have had no experience with FADEC.

I have watched starts in an 350B3 and it looks quite if not to simple to start, on the B3 what position is the throttle positioned during the start and at flight, what are the procedures for a fadec failure and then reverting to pilot controlled throttle?. Is the 407 start a similair procedure?

Cheers