PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mass & Balance Calculation for PPL Skill Test
Old 20th Nov 2019, 14:41
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Pilot DAR: I understood as if you were writing about other types like if you meant other types of SEP(L) that are not made by Cessna. In case someone read it the same way, I just believe its important to underline that Cessna require the same level of airmanship as any other aircraft even if they are built to help pilots survive mistakes.

Since actually there exist people who believe Cessna almost fly by itself and you can not do stuff wrong.... that is like the main cause of fatal accidents. Of course it can save you or save itself from damage when doing some mistakes like a bad flare during landing where for example an AT-3 would crash its landing gear a Cessna survives it without damage to the aircraft.... also as 30 years long list of accidents show it also often (just one accident involving loss of life in 172 in Poland. And the only fatal one involving a 182 was caused by showing off aerobatic maneuvers on low altitude by.... chairman of an aeroclub and sadly with 3x children on board) save the pilot and passengers life in aircraft written off type of accidents. But if someone neglects the safety rules it ends the worst possible way.

What is worth noticing the Polish fatal accidents (I do not know where to find complete safety database for the rest of the world) be in 172 or 182 happened with experienced pilots so I believe emphasizing that Cessna does not fly by itself and also require proper mass&balance + following the rules regarding altitude, maneuvers and IMC conditions is just as important as with any other aircraft.