PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seat prices
Thread: Seat prices
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2019, 10:57
Sobelena

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not quite sure what my quote has to do with your story Harry. The low cost carrier I fly with offers 3 different fare categories. The basic fare is just what it says. Any extras you may desire are charged for. The next category includes 22Kg hold baggage allowance, and advance seat selection in the forward section of the Y cabin. The final category is a form of Biz/Comfort option with extra legroom, middle seat unoccupied and all the usual frills that come with Business class in terms of check-in, boarding and lounge access. So, if you are travelling say with only hand baggage it's probably best to go BASIC and pay for advance seat reservation if you really need it. I find that with their 72hr advance online check-in I can get the seats I want without problem, so I don't advance purchase seats. If I travel with hold baggage I go for the next category fare which includes baggage and seat allocation. Finally, their (restricted) "Biz Class" fares can be a real bargain on off peak flights and I make good use of them when possible. Unrestricted Biz Class becomes almost as expensive as the legacy carriers. It's a very good and simple fare system and I hope they will keep it that way. Their only downside is their erratic punctuality!