PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Theory (GULP)
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2003, 04:50
CAT3C AUTOLAND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not sure how useful my experience is, due to the fact that I did a full time residential course, but I used to attend the college from 09:00 to 16:15, then cruise off home feed my face watch the news and crack on with study at approximately 18:30. I used to study for between 3 and 4 hours every night, apart from Friday (night off) with periodic breaks and then hit the sack. Weekends I used to try and get 4 hours a day in, depending on how I had done in the week.

Whilst I worked full time, and knowing what it is like and how you feel when you come home, the last thing you want to do is put your head in a book for 4 hours. Therefore, it may be an idea to work part time as you have suggested and devote that extra time to your studies.

I completed the ground school from beginning to end in 24 weeks. From people I have known who have done distance learning, seem to nail it in 9 to 12 months, depending on personal circumstances of course.

Just keep going and you will get there in the end! I have just started my CPL, and believe me it will be worth it .