PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lauda Cadet Type Rating
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2019, 01:51
joblessPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So who is feeling brave here? The Lauda cadet pilot application is open at the Ryanair website. I would add the link but I haven't done the 10 posts on this site requirement for it so don't have the power to add the link.
No need for the conspiracy tin foil hat here. They just transferred the pilot that passed the Ryanair assessment in Lauda. Someone from my flight school was asked to transfer their license to Austria to fly for Lauda when they did the Ryanair assessment like 6 months ago before they stopped their type rating training.
They even added this "Hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT) in accordance with FCL.745.A. (from the 19th Dec 2019)"
Regulation changed so they need to redo their application process, I guessed.
They even added the prefer APS MCC, which is a Ryanair thing from their mentor program. A program which cost about £7500. That is not including a type rating. So basically to join Ryanair/ Lauda you need 10,000 for the bond plus the APS cost. $$$$$$$$$
According to Ryanair propaganda video for the APS MCC program, the program gives you a 75% chance of passing THEIR assessment from just 50% if you only did the MCC.

Another avenue for Ryanair to make money, not from paying pax but paying pilot!!!