PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Final Interview
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2019, 00:28
LongTimeInCX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bm330
This should be an interesting thread.
I think we're talking different 'final' here.

My final interview is yet to come. It will be interesting after over 30 years, where one may be interviewed or farewelled by a fleet managers and a DFO who I first flew with when they were FO's, and a General Manager who hadn't atvthat stage even joined as an SO. It's an interesting reflection when you compare a 1980's family attitude company, where pilots were respected, steam driven L1011's and 747's were the go, paper flight plans, and a competent hand flown approach on the IGS at KaiTak in challenging weather, to today's version.

We now appear to have a tail wagging the dog mentality where accountants call the shots, pilots are demonised thanks to successive HR types and mangment(sic) comments that have consistently denigrated our profession, an antagonistic approach to industrial relations, whilst the pilots happily adapt to less hands on flying in the current glass cockpit 777's and 330's and the A50(bless!). The most positive thing I've seen, which I believe is thanks to one of our Flt Ops managers, is the new Flight Folder programme, which for a home grown product is extremely good.
So when my final interview comes up next March, it will be hard to not leave them them with some hard truth observations.

As for your 'next' interview in the recruitment phase, if it's your final one, then you didn't make it.
However, just remember you are also interviewing the Company representatives to see if they are also a good fit for you.
Be honest, be open, ask the questions you want answers to, and if they like you, enjoy the job. You'll work with some really great guys, you'll work for people who at times you may question their morals and loyalty downwards. But if you're a a fit in their eyes, a good team player, then it's up to you after doing your own due diligence, if you wish to join. So just remember to ask all those questions so you know exactly what you're getting into with eyes wide open.

Good luck.

Last edited by LongTimeInCX; 18th Nov 2019 at 00:41.