PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Flight Attendant Accused of Racism by will.i.am
Old 17th Nov 2019, 06:16
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by George Glass
So, Bend a lot, you’ve done this often? I have. It goes like this:

Excuse me Captain ,we have a problem in the cabin.
Can you handle it? How serious is it?
No, its ok . Just a pain in the butt Rapper with inflated opinion of himself. If he keeps it up we might need the Feds at the other end.
No worries. Will do. Let me know how your going.

No “mate/friends” , just another day at the office dealing with general public.
You back the FA’s because they are your interface with the punters. And they have been around the block a few times and have seen it all before.
Then it gets to the media..........Lord save us...........
Beat me to it - Blind Faith.

Now what if your FA is fatigued/PMS and is anti American - you simply do not know what is happening behind you or what has happened.

Calling the FEDS's on what played out seems in hindsight to have been wrong - they seemed to have no interest in the issue (no charge no warning - nothing).

Simply believing one crew member story and having ZERO consideration for any other possibilities - sounds like Boeing and the FAA to me "Blind and Stubborn", this is how we always do this.

Time to introduce a FED's call out fee (for company or customer whoever is at fault) and a nuisance penalty for the caller such as calling 000 when it is not an emergency.

Before yo bark it was 20 minutes into the flight it was reported to happen - plenty of time to evaluate and confirm, as any professional should.

In years gone by Captains were on the extreme of respected people and professions, every kid looked up to them. They greeted passengers on entry, they frequented the cabins with brief chats and earned respect by looking after ALL aboard. Should a Catain or any member of the flight crew be required to address a passenger for bad behaviour it was the ultimate in a dressing down.

Now they simply do not even bother to exit the cabin for any reason that could earn them respect (confirm any customer issues), that led us to the term SLF used prolifically and proudly by many Captains that lazily just take a FA's word regardless of fact.

When is the last time you took the time to walk to the back of the aircraft to speak with passengers, crew, inspect the food and alcohol service (for legal requirements) and inspect the toilets during a flight?

Not my job will be the answer from many - actually it is!

FA - Hey Captain I had a problem with a passenger in 2A, he ............. I ..........
Captain - Ok is it over?
FA - Yes/No
Captain - (Yes answer) ok report back if that changes. (No answer) ok I will send the FO to have a chat with him (and get others story of event/s) please stay here with me.

FO - returns - No real drama, possibly a bit of ego verses long days.

Captain - ok shall we let FA "x" deal with him for the rest of flight. Or some other constructive outcome.