PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence under a Corbyn Government
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2019, 16:08
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Cornish Jack,

Your point about a reasoned argument from within the EU as opposed to whingeing from the side lines without any influence is a typical remain position. The whole point of leaving the EU, and for what its worth I'm not entirely sure its good idea or not, I can't determine who's an absolute fibber and who isn't. So I don't know if Tusk is right to forecast, with seeming certainty, our second rate status once we leave. I understand his native Poland is a third rate country within the EU, the largest net receiver, to our being the second largest net contributor in 2017. Or is their something in the dynamic of those figures which drives is enmity toward the UK leaving. What made me want to leave alas, was a remainer of good reputation.
Lord Heseltine said in 2015, it was inevitable we would join the Euro.. Now is it an example or feature of our strength and fortitude to submit to a foreign currency? I understand the EU can do what it likes with its titular 'Army' I trust meaning an EU Air Force and Navy as well, once we're out we should no longer be any more interested in their plans than the USA. But given the disparity, yes I know almost all US funded, between what the EU sets aside for defence budgeting, as a whole, and how much of NATO is currently funded and by who, leaves the EU with great big thumping headache of an expense, if their EU Army is going to relieve NATO.

FB