PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2019, 13:20
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2 Whites 2 Reds
I can sympathise with both sides of the debate on this. TUI is a great company so I understand where some people are coming from.

That said, I think it’s time for some perspective. Frankly, unless you’re unemployed with Xmas around the corner I struggle to feel too much emotion for those already gainfully employed and still able to pay the bills, albeit perhaps not while working for the company you may choose or sat in the seat you may wish to be in. Given time you’re move will still happen and from what I’ve seen those newly employed will joint the bottom of the seniority list anyway.

I don’t wish to belittle the concerns of people adversely affected but please spare a thought for those guys and girls that have lost their jobs. Some of whom are good mates of mine. In any case, frankly, I’d rather see the TCX folks still able to pay their mortgages than worry about what this means for me me me.
You're absolutely right!! I have friends that are ex TCX and a couple actually have started with TUI. That said, RYR made a lot of us go, some were told to take 12 months unpaid leave or join Warsaw Aviation contracts/Malta air, others remain in limbo, not knowing what is going to happen(my case). If you are unlucky to be in one of the bases that were closed, then this situation of not being able to pay your mortgage is not exclusive to TCX pilots. I wish them all the best of luck, but I have to look after my own and yes, Xmas around the corner and I am not flying, I know the feeling all too well. I guess you can understand how frustrating it can be to other pilots whose airlines also went bust, or downsizing(Norwegian), or doing cuts(RYR) etc...