PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Laudamotion
Thread: Laudamotion
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2019, 13:03
midnight cruiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Citationcj2
But from my experience, I see people like you that join, so so enthusiastic , positive, but then soon after they realise this is not what they hoped it was, so they soon turn to a negative side.. I see it every day of the week.. Endless moaning, but hey, they didnt think that when they signed up.. All they wanted to fly
When you do join one of those airlines, you will see for yourself, and especially how much easier FI job was.... Its not all pressing buttons and sitting in A/C environment
That's precisely my observation too - the ones who fast-track themselves by parting with large sums of cash or accepting unattractive initial terms, and/or see the airline role as a tradable commodity to be bought and sold; - an instagrammable experience ... are the ones who before long, are bitterly whingeing - the "I've paid all this money into this job, now where's my payback" philosophy - well it doesn't work like that. (Edit, well actually it kind of does if you want it to - fast-tracking yourself into an AB or Boeing, pocketing 1000+ hours and poking off somewhere else - fine, but don't bloody whine to all who'll listen that you've been cheated - you got what you "paid" for).

That said, I hear there are some factors with joining Lauda which are much better than Ryanair, such as much fewer up front, out of pocket costs such as uniform, licensing etc etc, and of course a much more desirable Airbus rating As for the rest of the lauda contract, I don't know, but Vienna or Palma would beat kaunas in my book.

Last edited by midnight cruiser; 16th Nov 2019 at 10:28.