PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 14th Nov 2019, 19:31
rattman

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
A recent set a questions put to me during a dinner party by people having no direct interest or knowledge about aviation , raises the underlying point still waiting below all the technical and regulatory issues.
Will the general public have confidence in using the Max again when it is released ?
.I was surprised of their reactions, as quite a few of the guests in that dinner said they will not fly a Max and some said just booked their forthcoming holidays on a specific airline that they are sure does not has Max . I wonder if this will disappear soon when ticket prices are again going to be the deciding factor.
Not seen much discussion yet on this , although I suspect airlines have some indication via their booking systems .
They might have to discount them for a while but people will go where the tickets are the cheapest, people still fly garauda even at height of their bad rep. 6 to 12 months people will have not so much forgotten but a cheap airfare will minimise any concern they have over the max