PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1969 BP Sponsored London - Sydney Air Race
Old 14th Nov 2019, 17:09
henryschmoeger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by treadigraph
Carl still flies for The Fighter Collection at Duxford - or was doing so in the last couple of years - and his son flies the Boultbee Spitfires out of Goodwood, so either organisation may be able to put you in touch.
It's funny you mention that, because I've already been in touch with Boultbee Flying School, who recently put me onto Jim Schofield. At the time I wasn't sure if Jim Schofield's father, Carl Schofield, was the man I was looking for; I was pretty sure it was him, because there can't be that many Carl Schofield's about that have a Pilot's License. Now that you mention it, I know the Carl Schofield I've been pursuing is in fact the Carl Schofield I'm looking for.

When I spoke to Jim a few weeks ago, he said that his father hasn't been all that keen to discuss his exploits in the past, which I think is a real shame because he probably has so many fantastic stories to tell. I've just sent Jim Schofield an email... hopefully he'll be able to persuade his father to get in touch with me.

Last edited by henryschmoeger; 14th Jan 2020 at 15:48.