PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2019, 11:22
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LTN Terminal 2

Just had a read over the proposed plans for terminal 2 in the 'Future Luton Scheme development' report and it looks as though LTN is finally set to have jet bridges on both new piers when it opens. I'm sure that many people on here (as well as passengers and airlines) will agree that this is a long overdue and welcome change. A definite step in the right direction. Airlines such as LY, EZY and TUI frequently use jet bridges at other airports, so I'm sure that they'll welcome the news. Even W6 use them some of the airports they serve (e.g. LGW, OTP, FRA), so will be interesting to see if they opt in to use them at LTN, especially given that they are the second biggest carrier here now.

Also, I note that the report mentions nine new stands will be capable of servicing long haul aircraft, namely 787 and 359, but realistically cannot see these coming to the airport anytime soon, at least on a regularly scheduled basis. Although perhaps TUI might consider offering seasonal LTN-SFB/LTN-MLB flights at some point?

Certainly, interesting times ahead for LTN.