PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1969 BP Sponsored London - Sydney Air Race
Old 14th Nov 2019, 09:47
henryschmoeger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1969 Commemorative Air Race from London to Sydney - Documentary Project

Hello Everyone,

My name is Henry Schmoeger, I'm a student studying Film Production at the University of West London. For my final project I have decided to make a documentary about the 1969 Air Race from London to Sydney, a race that my Grandfather, Michael Dunk, participated in and made a film about. As part of the documentary, I'm looking to interview the crew of the aircraft that my Grandfather flew with. Over last few months I have been trying to track down the original crew of my Grandfather's aircraft, a single engined Beech Bonanza (N35), but I've had no luck so far. The crew consisted included the following individuals: Carl Schofield, Jan Behrman, John Kay (who was the Cameraman) and my Grandfather (who Directed and Edited the film, but also took turns flying the aircraft). Here's what I currently know:

I believe the Carl Schofield was a commercial pilot for British Airways, because at the beginning of my Grandfather's film he's seen wearing a pilot's uniform. I don't know when or where he was born, but there can't be too many Carl Schofield's around that are or were qualified pilots. As for Jan Berhman, I have absolutely no idea. He obviously had a Pilot's License, otherwise he wouldn't have been allowed to participate in the race and fly the aircraft. But I can't find much about him online, so the trail has gone cold unfortunately.

Any help or guidance you may be able to offer me would be greatly appreciated, because I'm at a loss at the moment as to what to do.

If you are able to put me in touch with any of the participants, it would mean a great deal to me, as I'm sure all of them would be interested in what I have to offer.

Regards,

Henry Schmoeger

===========================================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.