PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Does BA Have An Attitude Problem?
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2003, 22:57
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Boss R.
About 10 years ago I could have counted on 2 hands all those airlines in the UK that people enjoyed working for and said were a good friendly company, now I can count none...
Unfortunately this has become endemic in our industry ...
I agree that service is down but not that it is endemic to the airline industry alone! If this was the Professional Sea Captains Rumour Network, or the one for Desk Top Computing - the statement would be the same.

As a freelance Telecommunications Consultant, I have been inside many different organisations in the past 13 years. Ranging through retail, banking, oil, transport, agri-business and more.

There is not one where moral is high. There is not one where people feel that they want to give of their best. There is not one where you get some great staff who really turn in the goods that make up for those who are just trying to get through the day.

It is, I suggest, the way of life in the UK at the start of the 21st century.

On a pedantic note:
G-FO 69
It is the same response I have heard so much in regards to BA. It is a shame as it is the UK flag carrier.
They are not the flag carrier. The term (as I understand it) is used by state owned airlines. They are, of course, the largest British airline but they and other's carry the Union flag. Of course, don't ask the PR people of BA, as they are convinced that they are still the flag carrier!

Airlines have replaced the navy (Royal and Merchant) as the thing that politicians like to think of as 'theirs'.