PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 13th Nov 2019, 18:55
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by OldnGrounded
At the end of the third quarter of this year, they had almost $11 Billion in cash on hand.

It's probably also worth noting that shareholder equity (the difference between total assets and total liabilities) was approaching negative $4 Billion.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/c...g/total-assets

The stock price hasn't come close to crashing -- at least, not so far -- although it is substantially below the 52-week high. I think there are plenty of investors who believe that Boeing is basically invulnerable.
Boeing also claimed the MAX will be certified and flying again "early" in the forth quarter - so I expect it is Boeing's top accountants counting the cash with little regulatory oversight and over optimistic assumptions that have it at $11B.

From memory it is also the suppliers that have been forced by Boeing to take financial pain - extended payment terms and requirement of higher stock ready for production increase.

If one or two big suppliers fold, then Boeing will be forced to "create" new "compliant" ones and get fast FAA approval for them to keep the all important line moving - something the Bean Counters never considered a problem before and I still expect they don't.

As for the aircraft, there are about a half a dozen very serious points that Boeing and the FAA seem not to have been transparent on during the re-certification process. These range from the clarification of the aircraft actions in the parts of the envelope that MCAS was required and that's relation to stall, to the manual trim wheel effectiveness. There should have been very clear answers to these main points long ago not lip service and silence.