PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2019, 14:58
Geriaviator

Received 241 Likes on 75 Posts
IN MEMORIAM: Danny 42C

Our dear friend Danny 42C (sometime Flt Lt Dennis O'Leary) passed away one year ago today, and I think we all agree that this thread hasn't been the same without his memories, his wit and his wisdom. His devoted daughter Mary, who cared for him in his last years, sends her regards to the crewroom; while she misses him terribly, she recalls the many happy hours her Dad spent on his laptop with Prune and reflects that he would have been in his element discussing today's political antics!

Our thanks to recent recipients of his e-books In with a Vengeance and Danny and the Cold War for their generous donations in his memory to his chosen charities the RAF Benevolent Fund and Marie Curie. Plenty more ebooks in stock if you PM your email address to me, Geriaviator. Finally, I've had several requests for my own tribute posted last year in the FAREWELL, DANNY 42C thread on this forum. As the link doesn't always work and people say they cannot find my post #122, may I once more seek the Mods' indulgence and repeat it below?