PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Whistleblower Reveals Tankering of Fuel - BBC
Old 13th Nov 2019, 10:30
lcolman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
The graphic (which is not mine, but Eurocontrol's) isn't intended to stand alone but to form part of the report for which I provided the link (and which does include numerical data).

But I agree that the proportions of the chart are a tad misleading in that the size of the tankering penalty shown would equate to a stage of at least 6 hours, probably longer, where although you could in theory carry round trip fuel, you almost certainly wouldn't.

As for colouring it red, an expression involving rags and bulls springs to mind.
Having read the report that goes along with it, Eurocontrol have not calculated the impact of getting fuel to any of the airports involved in the flight simulations, or taken into account the impact of getting fuel to the originating airport.

This is why I have an issue with reports like this thrown out there, they look as the issue only in isolation when they are definitely not.

Having said that, reports like this are like red rags and I think I'm almost certainly a bull!