PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL(SSEA) to LAPL - Training Exemption
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2019, 08:00
Mickey Kaye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NPPL(SSEA) to LAPL - Training Exemption

I’m stupid and don’t understand the regulation. I have a kid with an NPPL(SSEA) who wants to get a LAPL. He can fly perfectly well and is by all purposes test standard. I’m of the opinion that he is exempt the TK as he has already passed those as part of the NPPL. My question is what’s the minimum amount of training that he has to do?

Its this bit that I don't understand
(1) not exceed the total flight time as PIC;
(2) not exceed 50 % of the hours required in point (a);
(3) not include the requirements of point (a)(2).

Part-FCL easy access rules FCL.110.A.LAPL(A) states FCL.110.A LAPL(A) – Experience requirements and crediting Regulation (EU) 2018/1119

(a) Applicants for an LAPL(A) shall have completed at least 30 hours of flight instruction on aeroplanes or TMGs, including at least:
(1) 15 hours of dual flight instruction in the class in which the skill test will be taken;
(2) 6 hours of supervised solo flight time, including at least 3 hours of solo cross-countryflight time with at least 1 cross-country flight of at least 150 km (80 NM), during which 1 full stop landing at an aerodrome different from the aerodrome of departure shall bemade.

(b) Refers to LAPL(S) - so not relevant in this case.

(c) Crediting. Applicants with prior experience as PIC may be credited towards the requirements of point (a).
The amount of credit shall be decided by the DTO or the ATO where the pilot undergoes the training course, on the basis of a pre-entry flight test, but shall in any case:
(1) not exceed the total flight time as PIC;
(2) not exceed 50 % of the hours required in point (a);
(3) not include the requirements of point (a)(2).