PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Whistleblower Reveals Tankering of Fuel - BBC
Old 12th Nov 2019, 22:30
Jimmy Hoffa Rocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Simple, for your grandchildren, Dont tanker, reduce your carbon footprint

“We’re investing in new aircraft and innovative technology to reduce our carbon footprint in an industry where there’s no current alternative to jet fuel,” Walsh said that aviation represented only 2% of global CO2 emissions, and that the airline group’s steps were one part of a broader solution to make aviation less polluting
IAG Chief Executive Willie Walsh said in a statement.

Not tankering for economic reduces your/our carbon footprint, its basic math. Yet a formula needs to be agreed so that airlines are not gouged at expensive fuel destinations, by law.
Wake up, please, we are facing a climate emergency, the melting of the glaciers, just look at the antarctic and Greenland. For those climate change deniers you have been conned by propaganda, Exxon knew 20 years ago for sure.
So why not make a effort on this particular issue? Just remember this moment in 25 years as your children and grandchildren ask you what you did? We need to make the paradigm shift as you do know what the fuel burn of an extra ton of jetfuel is, right?

Simple, economic tankering by carrying extra fuel to save money, increases your carbon footprint, and landing distance. PERIOD!
As per the IAG policy and Willie Walsh statement it will be more difficult for companies in the IAG to force pilots to tanker for profit, without being hypocrtical.

To Tanker ( economical ) OR NOT to Tanker. That is the question

After having tankered for many years to save my company/s money. I am guilty and would like to repent. Now, As per the climate emergency, has to take priority and this is backed up by facts and objetive scientists. I will be tankering the minimum, and enough extra fuel for safety and diverting, etc, etc, as we the planet is going from a yellow caution into a red warning light situation. Just look at Iceland, Greenland and the fires in California and coral reefs.