PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Airport-2
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2019, 21:50
mart901

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EI-BUD
You'd really have to wonder about Flybe.
The new strategy is enhance connectivity into VS network for starters. Easyjet flew SEN BFS at the get go of their SEN base. Loads were poor mid week, and while weekend was better, prices were usually much less than LGW and LTN or STN. It didn't last long.

I'm not persuaded by this development but best if luck to all concerned.
When EZY started the route it was 2x daily and clearly too much capacity, at the time anyway. Then cutting it back to daily effectively cut out a huge chunk of business pax wanting day returns.
I suspect the planned 3x daily might be a bit much but time will tell. EZY have the STN route to themselves and there's plenty of people using it from parts of Essex etc that are closer to SEN, also the fact its BHD will hopefully be a further draw to business pax.

Strategy wise I think this is all about growing BHD-LON market share, BE have LCY to themselves and SEN will be too, nice safe distance from the competition. Having been pushed off the DUB - SEN route I'd imagine BHD is seen as good home territory, they're so well established here.

All that said, currently no official announcement yet, its just from someone's twitter feed.

Last edited by mart901; 12th Nov 2019 at 22:16.