PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHKDSK Runs Too Frequently
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2019, 17:48
cavuman1

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Interesting program, Gerry Lawlor, and I appreciate your recommendation! Hard Disk Sentinel indicated that my drive's performance was excellent, but that its health was only Fair. It predicts that the life expectancy of the hard drive is 258 days. Time for a new laptop, I suppose!

BTW, my great-grandfather, a Dubliner who taught English and History at Trinity University, came in second in the Irish Steeplechase. An excellent marksman, he was invited by Elliot Roosevelt, the brother of future President Theodore, to hunt buffalo in Atoka Indian Territory, which is now our State of Oklahoma. Great-Grandfather O'Beirne never returned home to Ireland; he settled in Dallas, Texas, where he built a hotel and started the first insurance agency in that then-dusty town. All of the male members of our family are numbered, not named (I am a III, my son an IV), but we all carry a precious reminder of The Emerald Isle: our middle name is Netterville. Great-Grandfather lived next door to Lord Netterville in Dublin. He figured that if he named a child Netterville, the good Lord might favor the family with a few Irish Pounds, of which the Lord had millions! Di nah happen, doncha know!

- E.N.O'B III