PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Whistleblower Reveals Tankering of Fuel - BBC
Old 12th Nov 2019, 17:29
UltraFan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
See post #1, and pretty well every subsequent one.

Unless you have reinvented the laws of aerodynamics, it's an undisputed fact that a heavier aircraft burns more fuel than a lighter one. You and your colleague are the only posters who seem to be denying that.

But don't take my word for it - a glance at the backside of every payload/range chart ever drawn is all you should need.
If you were so kind as to read what other people actually say instead of jumping head first into a useless argument, you would know that "both me and my colleague" are arguing not whether a heavier aircraft consumes more fuel, but rather that the fuel at the destination is more expensive because it takes more effort to deliver it there. And delivering fuel is more expensive because it has to go on a fuel truck, then a tanker, then through a pipeline, etc, etc, etc. It is an undisputed fact that trucks and tankers consume a lot of fuel and produce harmful gases. Therefore, the fuel at the destination may be more harmful to the environment than the one tanked from the point of origin and it may be beneficial to tank fuel from the said point of origin rather than buy it at the said destination.