PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lauda Cadet Type Rating
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2019, 10:41
Nineshsimbers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crimito
You must be kidding... I'm a cadet who joined the company through the Amy Johnson scheme. Never struggled at work and just passed my LPC with an external TRE. Usually people talk s**t like you do when they got rejected.
Don’t get me wrong. I believe everyone should have equal opportunity in getting into the RHS. I think its great that they are trying to get more females into the industry, fantastic going round to local schools and promoting the career as a pilot as open to all. However the monetary scholarships should be equal to everyone, I am sorry.

I know many EZY skippers, they are great. The standard and quality of training at easyJet is meant to be fantastic too, but even your own skippers question the process that cadet FOs go through to get into the company. I know a few that have gotten in, obviously succeeded in the assessment, however their training record is shocking. There is that but also them as a person. That being said, there are also people who did great in their training results and joined easyJet but there is almost like no filter for the other category...

I got into easyJet through my FTO. A very easy assessment. Much easier than to get into my FTO. You almost don’t feel proud to have passed it when you do...An interview with one person and a group exercise. Out of 18 of us 16 got in. Unfortunately I could not afford the 30k TR cost same as many.