PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking For Non-eu Pilots
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2003, 20:56
ex-mad dog driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2FLYEU, I have been looking for loopholes in this conversion for some time now and have not found any. (good ones any way) the only thing that could save you money is by doing what Flat-tire is doing. Flat-Tire is doing the 14 tests like us but instead of doing a Type He is doing the CPL skills test and the IR skills test and maybe the MCC course (which you don't need obviously). The cost of flight trainning will be much less than that of a Type rating. The catch is that he will need to do a Type to get a Full ATPL, though I hear that people do get hired with a Frozen ATPL.
The only other option that I can think of is to find a company that flys a "N" reg plane. Most of the companies Type you in a plane. After the Type all you need is 500hrs in left or right seat and when you go for a PC you ask for the JAA ride and you have your Full JAA ATPL ticket to ride. If you can't find a N REG then you should look at getting a Cayman Lic. which is very easy to do. There are a lot of BBJ's in England that are VP REG. To get the Cayman Lic I belive all you do is contact the proper office and send a copy or original FAA lic and copy of the last page of your logbook so I am told.
I hope some of this helps.
See Ya, EXMDD