PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2019, 19:24
montema

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cptkris
hi everyone.
I just wanted to say thanks to all the previous posters, and add my 2 cents!

Ive just been given the nod for the interview and medical and am now waiting for the contract.

all previous write ups are on point.

For me I started the application in April and had the interview in October, could have done it faster but due to busy work schedule and holidays I chose to take my time.

I used Xplane 11 with a b767 setup in VR as a glorified paper dragon for the procedural stuff.

I have very clear reasons for the commute, namely no kids and both myself and partner already being expats and intending to go home. -a lot of weight on this question from both HR and the psychiatrist.

i did 12 hrs sim with crew (6 actual stick time) and I needed every bit of it. It was done at Ana training center in Tokyo.

The end product wasn’t perfect but if I was 10ft high on downwind, or 5kts fast on approach I was correcting and announcing it.

the only real **** up was my v1 cut as it was wobbly after takeoff but I
put it behind me and moved on. Was late with checklists but caught everything in time.

there was no time in Tokyo to study really, I just tried to relax and go for a run etc.

Im 34yo, 5300hrs with 1200h a320 FO, about 850 FO atr, 650 FO b1900d. 500multi pic instructing and rest is s/e instructing.

feel free to ask anything, still trying to figure out the tax side though, any one banking with HSBC or other international bank?

cheers and good luck everyone!

Hi CPTKRIS.
The sim It's something that is concerning me a little bit as it is a lot of money to put in advance although they reinburse part of it. However, I'd have to travel to the other side of the globe first to go to Sidney and then up to Tokyo for the assessment. And thats sooooome money Were you offered to go to Sidney first and then told them to go to Tokyo? Or you weren't offered Sidney at all? About the sim prep, were the instructors japanese or expats? How did you feel in the sim? Were they helpful?
I was told however that the pass rate is pretty good. What feedback would you give about it?

Thanks in advance!