PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cenotaph thread without politics
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2019, 14:49
Headstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got to disagree but life would be awful if we all wanted the same things!

Having attended services at the Cenotaph as participant and watcher plus doing the same at local events I do not wish to march past any politicians, whether or not I support their parties. I do not want them on TV smugly basking in any reflected glory as I want them to b*gg*r off and let the vets have their bit. I march in remembrance of my friends and Sqn mates who have been killed in action, peacetime flying, air displays or illnesses/old age. Then of course get involved in the scrum around the Westminster or wherever trying to get a pint and drink their health

I appreciate that some think they should look the marchers in the eye and reflect on what they have done when sending these people to fight in their wars but I personally do not want one of them anywhere near. Seeing a Royal when marching back onto Horse Guards is enough for me. They, especially HMQ, at least know the effects of conflict. Should any politician wish to show their appreciation then why not show it by improving housing, barracks and general quality of life?